Monday, March 21, 2011

What the hell just happened?

I freaked my son out yesterday... kinda like this kid.

There were no donkeys involved. I did the freaking out all by myself, and completely by accident.

Kind of.

We were at the local park taking his and his brother's go-kart out for a spin. While one would whiz around, the other would walk with me and we'd chat about life...hockey, gum, how stupid Justin Bieber is, hockey...

So while my youngest was taking a turn on the go-kart, my oldest got a sudden case of the hiccups. Which is when his clever mom decided to take the opportunity, mid-sentence, to do the old BOO! trick.

But instead of making his hiccups go away, it made his right foot slam down onto my left foot so hard that I saw stars.

It went like this:

HICCUP

BOO!

AH!

OW! WHAT'D YOU DO THAT FOR?

I DON'T KNOW. GUESS IT WAS MY INSTINCT WHEN YOU SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME.

He's a logical guy for 10 years old. 

And the boo trick bites.

Next time I'll go with bitters and a lime. 

(My son's reaction to my hiccup "remedy" reminded me of this classic video of the guy who pretends to electrocute himself, then gets a banana in the face, which I found by Googling "guy pretends to electrocute self, gets banana in face". You can Google anything. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do7InNH9wx4)

Copyright © Lynda Crotty Radio, Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment