Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Who gives a crap?

There's a new Smartphone! With images in 3-D! You can play games and watch videos and even movies on your phone in 3 freakin' diddly D!!!!!!

Um. Don't care.

I even avoid this stuff in theaters. When something comes flying at me, I jerk back and start swatting. It's like the technology version of a gnat. No thanks.

But boy are people psyched about the new LG Optimus 3D-D-D-D-D-D...! (I added the extra D's for drama.)

I just read a CNN article that opens like this:

"What's better than receiving a text message? How about a text in 3D?"

Hmmm...

Well, CNN writer, Mark Millan, I can think of lots of things that are better than a text message. There's ice cream, new jeans or making out with John Leguizamo to name a few.

And is a text like, "Way to drink all the milk a**hole. Get some on your way home." really more special with an added dimension?

Maybe.

I guess new technology is good for the sake of science and whatnot, but do we really need another reason to ignore our kids and crash our cars?

Look, I don't want to rain on anyone's parade. I'd just ask those of you who are into this stuff to geek-out responsibly. And maybe look up from your device now and again because there's lots of cool stuff in the real 3-D world too.

You can check out the CNN article here:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/mobile/02/15/lg.optimus.3d/index.html?hpt=C2

Copyright © Lynda Crotty Radio, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment