Sunday, September 26, 2010

My first post!

Why is this my first post?

A.) Because I'm terrified of blogging. B.) Because I finally found something blog-worthy. C.) Because I don't feel like tidying up the house, so I'm using this as an excuse to avoid it.

But CHECK THIS OUT! That thing to the left. That worm (or larvae of a white butterfly...I looked it up.) was in my broccoli tonight! I swear. I made some awesome chili and from-scratch corn muffins today, (holla') and in lieu of a salad, I simply rinsed some fresh broccoli and added it to the table (along with some yummy organic dip.)

Well, out of nowhere my youngest son screams, "Worm!" I was ready to scold him because he and his brother are forever trying to get out of eating what I perceive to be a delicious dinner when I realized THERE WAS A FRIGGIN' GREEN WORM IN MY FRIGGIN' BROCCOLI!!!

We all started screaming and flailing and soon the worm was too. I took the little intruder outside (because my friend Steph would kill me if I killed it.) Then decided it was a fluke, just the one worm, and we'd all just need to shutup and finish dinner. That's when I found the worm's brother on my kitchen floor, just beneath my cutting board where the rest of the broccoli sat.

I gasped, but didn't tell the kids. I just tweaked my way back to the table and shamed them for being such babies. Tomorrow I'm going to tweak my way to Whole Foods, where I purchased said broccoli, and shame them for freaking me out.

Yes, if you know me, you know that I am a huge hypocrite because I'm all up in everyone's grill about organic this and broccoli that, but that was 2010 BTFW. (Before The F-ing Worm.) I may just go back to Twinkies. Yeah. I said it.

Thanks for reading my first blog. Don't eat your vegetables.

Copyright © Lynda Crotty Radio, Inc.


No comments:

Post a Comment